Why Downtown Grand Junction?
Downtown Grand Junction is the hub of activity, commerce, culture and experience for the Grand Valley. Downtown offers many amenities such as a pedestrian friendly environment, locally owned restaurants and shops, a vibrant arts and culture scene and ease of access to many surrounding parks, including Las Colonias, a public/private park focused on outdoor recreation that serves as the anchor of our Downtown’s River District. Downtown is also is the epicenter of services for the region with easy access to financial institutions, realtors and brokers, government agencies and other service providers.
Businesses and their employees are drawn by the wide array of activities and services and the convenient access to nearby amenities and resources. Located only two miles from Colorado Mesa University and Colorado National Monument and less than 10 miles from Interstate-70, our downtown is a popular destination and attracts visitors near and far. Downtown Grand Junction is the hub for employers and employees looking to live, work and play somewhere they can thrive.
How Can We Help?
Façade Improvement Grant
Downtown Grand Junction has a long history of being the heart of the community. A group of leaders in the 1960s recognized this important role when they redesigned Main Street to meander through the business district.
The DDA recognizes that the condition of the buildings downtown forms the basis of the public’s overall impression of downtown and reflects the vibrancy and historical value of the area. The Façade Improvement Program has been designed to award a portion of the funds generated by the tax increment paid by downtown property owners as an incentive program for ongoing revitalization.
Special Project Grants
Special project grants are funds provided for initiatives that address the goals of the Plan of Development but do not readily fall into the Façade Grant Program. These projects most likely could include feasibility studies or other studies and reports; public safety initiatives; or other efforts to enhance the economic vitality of downtown.
If you’re on this page, you’re probably an existing Downtown business looking for information, or you’re a business that wants to be Downtown – either way, welcome!
For existing businesses Downtown, the building that you operate in is *most likely* within the ‘Business Improvement District’ and the ‘Downtown Development Authority’ boundaries, which means that your property owner pays a special tax to be in both of these districts. With that special tax, there are a lot of benefits for your business, and we want you to take advantage of them!
Below are a few of the key resources that Downtown Grand Junction is proud to offer:
- Build a business page on our website, we will walk you through the steps. If you have photos of your shop, feel free to upload them! By creating a page for your business, you can manage your hours, description, and add events and/or classes that you have going on for all website visitors to see.
- Accept the Downtown Gift Card. With over 100 downtown businesses accepting the gift card, this is a great way to take another form of payment and make shoppers more aware of your store. If you’re interested in this, let me know, and I will get it set up.
- Get our Downtown Merchants Newsletter – Click here to receive our newsletter that gets sent out frequently so that you can stay in the loop! Please note : You must be a Downtown Business to receive this newsletter.
- Join the Facebook BID page – On Facebook, search for the ‘Downtown Grand Junction BID Members’ page and answer the questions to be approved. This is a great outlet for quick communication from our office regarding events, promotions, and other happenings downtown! Please note : You must be a Downtown Business to be accepted into this group, please answer the questions that Facebook asks you.
- Sign up for a radio interview on ‘The Downtown Show’, aired on KAFM.
- Have an event going on? Bring 5 posters to hang in our Downtown kiosks and we’ll hang them for you!
- Downtown shares the love on social media – fill out this form to share on Downtown’s social media.
- Discounted booth rate at Market on Main
- Ability to participate in co-op advertising with our office at discounted prices. Email Caitlyn for further details.
August 08, 2018Two Rivers Renovation & Downtown Hotels
The DDA partnered with the City of Grand Junction to put $6 million towards the renovation of Two Rivers, which is an important economic driver for the downtown businesses.