Parking Downtown is Easy!
There are many options for public parking, most located on Colorado and Rood Avenues. A large parking structure is located on Rood Avenue between 4th and 5th Streets. Parking is free after 4pm on weekdays and on weekends and holidays.
- Meters are located throughout the Downtown area. Short- term meters can be found in the core of Downtown. Most long-term meters will be found on the outskirts of Downtown.
- Meters take nickels, dimes, quarters and Smartcards.
- Regular meters take $.25 for 30 minutes
- 10 HR meters are only $.10 / hour
•Smartcards can be purchased at City Hall. After a one-time start fee of $4.00, you can add money at either City Hall or the parking garage on Rood Avenue.
• Smartcards can then be used at meters or in the parking garage for parking credit.
400 Block… 4 & 10 HR Meters
500 Block………………….. 10 HR
600 Block……………..4 & 10 HR
And 7th Street Lots ……. 10 HR Meter
And 6th Street……2 HR Meters
State employee parking
300 Block of Main St ……. 4 HR Meters
7th & Main St …… 4 HR meters
And 5th Street…10 HR Meters
600 Block…. 4 & 10 HR Meters
and FREE (time limited)
500 Block………..10 HR Meters
RV PARKING * New!*
Free RV parking is available in the dirt lot on 7th Street between Ute Ave and Pitkin Ave. Parking hours are 5:30am – 10pm. No overnight stays or dumping allowed.
FREE handicap parking available in all public lots.
Loading zones are available in every block of Main St for 15 minutes only and are enforced 24 / 7
All public parking is free after 4 PM, and on weekends and holidays
For additional information about downtown parking please contact:
CITY OF GRAND JUNCTION
250 North 5th Street Grand Junction CO 81501 970.244.1537 | gjcity.org