Sales Tax Information for Event Vendors

Thank you for your interest in vending at an event hosted by Downtown Grand Junction. This page is to give you resources to successfully obtain licensure to sell at events in Downtown Grand Junction.

In order to sell at any Downtown Grand Junction event you are required to have a Colorado Sales Tax AND City of Grand Junction Sales Tax License.

IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure you have the correct form of tax license. Downtown Grand Junction is not responsible for collecting sales tax on behalf of vendors. 

Colorado Sales Tax License

Rides & Vibes, Art Festival & Parade of Lights: You will need a State of Colorado Special Event Sales tax license. This is required even if you hold a regular full CO state sales tax license.

Prior to the event: You must do the application prior to the event. If you already hold a full Colorado Sales Tax License there will be no fee.

After the event: You must remit the taxes with this form after the event. You may also pay the remittance online by visiting Revenue Online (scroll to Sales & Use Tax and choose File a Special Event Sales Tax Return):

For more information visit:

Market on Main: All Market on Main vendors must use the form CR 0100 – Colorado Sales Tax and Withholding Account Application or register online. Please do NOT use the special event option since Market on Main is a re-occurring event. Sales tax remittance is the responsibility of the vendor.

Questions about Colorado Sales Tax License?

  • Visit the Grand Junction Service Center
    222 S. 6th St., Room 208
    Grand Junction CO 81501
  • Call State Sales Tax Office at (303) 238-7378
  • Call Grand Junction office: 970-248-7140

City of Grand Junction Sales Tax License

The City of Grand Junction required sales tax collection in addition to the Colorado sales tax. The City of Grand Junction is a home-rule municipality and collects its own sales tax.  If you do not have a full City of Grand Junction sales tax license you will need to register for the special event you will be attending. You will register via the online portal before the event and then file the tax return after the event dates you attend. For Market on Main you will need to register for the full month of the market you are participating in (for example if you are attending all 12 weeks you must register for July, August and September in the sales tax portal).

Apply online for a sales tax license or register for a special event

Instructions for how to sign up using the City of Grand Junction Sales Tax Online Portal 

Questions about City of Grand Junction Sales Tax?