Thank you for your interest in vending at an event hosted by Downtown Grand Junction. This page is to give you resources to successfully obtain licensure to sell at events in Downtown Grand Junction.
In order to sell at any Downtown Grand Junction event you are required to have a Colorado Sales Tax AND City of Grand Junction Sales Tax License.
IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure you have the correct form of tax license. Downtown Grand Junction is not responsible for collecting sales tax on behalf of vendors.
Colorado Sales Tax License
The type of sales tax license you obtain depends on the number of special events you participate in per year (in Downtown Grand Junction or anywhere in the state of Colorado). Downtown Grand Junction does not file and remit taxes on behalf of vendors.
Access printable versions of CO Sales Tax applications: https://tax.colorado.gov/sales-use-tax-forms
- If you sell at more than 3 events per year = regular CO Sales Tax License
- You can find out more about how to apply online with how-to videos from the CO Department of Revenue
- If selling at less than 3 events per year = Special Event Sales Tax License
- Learn more about the Special Event Sales Tax License and apply online
- Fill out the CO Special Event Sales Tax Application and turn it into the Grand Junction Service Center
Questions about Colorado Sales Tax License?
- Visit the Grand Junction Service Center
222 S. 6th St., Room 208
Grand Junction CO 81501
- Call State Sales Tax Office at (303) 238-7378
- Call Grand Junction office: 970-248-7140
City of Grand Junction Sales Tax License
The City of Grand Junction required sales tax collection in addition to the Colorado sales tax. The City of Grand Junction is a home-rule municipality and collects its own sales tax. Please contact the City of Grand Junction Sales Tax Department for special event registration and filing requirements.
Questions about City of Grand Junction Sales Tax?