The 1st Annual Downtown Art Festival kicks off on October 7th during First Friday. Visit Downtown galleries and local businesses to see local talent displayed in various forms of artwork. The Festival continues on October 8th with the installation of the 2016 Art on the Corner temporary exhibit. Wander through Downtown galleries and businesses that are hosting artists and performances of all kinds throughout the day on Saturday as well.
ARTISTS and GALLERIES
The Main St. Gallery – Friday: Cindy Sampson, Reception from 5-9 pm, Saturday Flat Top Reed Duo 1-4pm
Colorado Canyons Gallery
– First Friday from 5:30-8:00 we are hosting the Symphony Guild as they present 48 masks created by artists to be auctioned off at the Symphony gala on Nov. 12. We will display the masks for the month of October. We will have demonstrating artists throughout the day on the 8th.
Out West Books
– Open late for First Friday featuring a collection of art and photography books.
– CMU’s Gallery: First Friday Opening Reception, Friday, October 7, 5-9PM; Artist Talk 5:30PM, Open Saturday 12-5pm. more info
The Art Center at Five 60 Salon
– Featuring Art Unleashed, a show to benefit Roice-Hurst and the Art Center. Open for First Friday and 10am-6pm on Saturday.
– Featuring Artist Marilyn K. Anderson Wilcox, First Friday 5:30-8pm. more info
– Featuring an artist, balloon artist Willy! Saturday 10/8, 1-4pm.
Margery Building Open Art Studios – 523 1/2 Main Street upstairs, open for First Friday and on Saturday 12-5pm.
Estilos Salon –
Featuring Artist Claudia Neilson Saturday, October 8, 10am-5pm, Alcohol Ink Demonstration.
The Art Center @ the Avalon – Saturday, 10/8, the Art Center will be hosting pottery demonstrations on the Avalon Theatre front sidewalk.
Bella Balsamic –
Featuring Artist Sara Trappett Saturday, October 8, 11am-3pm.
Working Artists Gallery –
Featuring local members of the photography club. Open late for First Friday until 9pm and again on Saturday.
Empty Bowls at the Soup Kitchen –
245 S. 1st Street, between the hours of 11:00 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. Each year potters craft and donate soup bowls. Restaurants donate gourmet soups. more info
The Art Center @ Toys for the Fun of it
– Featuring a kids art project – Peanut Butter Pinecone Bird Feeders Saturday 10/8 10am-5pm.
– Pastel artist Lorraine Sells will be be demonstrating her process Friday evening in the front lobby at The Palette. Stop by to see a collection of her work.
– featuring Audrey Bjorklund all weekend. Discounts on her artwork with a purchase of an ice cream/gelato.
aRT – Art on the Riverfront Trail – October 15, 2016
8 local artists will paint their original murals on the piers and skirts of the overpasses on the Riverfront Trail as the kick off for aRT – Art on the Riverfront Trail.Beginning at 9:00 am and going throughout the day, the public is invited to come watch artists in action painting murals at four locations along the Riverfront Trail:
Redlands Parkway: Jeremy Velasquez & Jerad Slates
Lower No Thoroughfare: Nikkeya Gray & Matt Goss
Riverside 340: Onyx Cly-Peek & Jason Bradham
Hwy 50: Rachel DeWeber & Nyssa Capps