The 2nd Annual Downtown Art Festival kicks off on October 6th during First Friday. Visit Downtown galleries and local businesses to see local talent displayed in various forms of artwork. The Festival continues on October 7th with the installation of the 2017 Art on the Corner temporary exhibit. Wander through Downtown galleries and businesses that are hosting artists and performances of all kinds throughout the day on Saturday as well.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Are you a local artist interested in participating in the Art Festival? Artists are selected by the downtown businesses.
Participating ARTISTS and GALLERIES
– Audrey Bjorklund – oil painting – featured all weekend – any art purchase from Audrey over $25 received 10% off total gelato purchase price
Fat Cat Pottery –
L. Reece Art – Watercolor/Acrylic – Friday 5pm-8pm, Saturday 11am-5pm
The Craft Studio –
Mesa Fiber Arts Guild with artisans spinning, weaving and knitting – during First Friday
Out West Books
– Judy Rogan – Acrylic/Oil – 6pm-8pm Friday, daytime Saturday
LEFT: A dance and fabric installation – Friday @ 7:00pm, 7:30pm, 8:00pm
– ‘Buried Alive!’ A Night of Edgar Allan Poe for the Veterans Art Center – Friday @ 7:00pm
– Willy Tuz -Balloon Artist from Wild Balloon Designs – Friday 5:00pm-7:00pm
Kiln Coffee Bar –
Latte Art Throwdown – Competition Friday @ 7:00pm (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up)
– C.E. Allen, Freya Williams, Paula Odonnell, Sharyn Carter, Red Art & Design, Pinon Mesa Trading – Friday 5:00pm-8:00pm
Classes / Demonstrations
– Classes offered Friday @ 3:00pm & 6:30pm, Saturday @ 1:00pm & 6:30pm – (click here
– Poe Inspired – $25 in advance, $30 at the door – Friday @ 7:00pm & 9:00pm – (all proceeds to the Veterans Art Center) Wine provided by Stoney Mesa Winery.
© 2017 Downtown Grand Junction Grand Junction, CO