The parade theme for 2017 is “Songs of the Season” it is time to pay homage to your favorite Christmas song!
DOWNTOWN GRAND JUNCTION PARADE OF LIGHTS
PARADE THEME: SONGS OF THE SEASON
Thank you for your interest in the Annual Parade of Lights presented by the Downtown Grand Junction Business Improvement District! This year’s event promises to be filled with fun and excitement as thousands of visitors flood Main Street for this traditional holiday favorite event!
The theme this year is ‘Christmas on the Silver Screen’ and the parade will be held at 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 2nd. Below are a few rules and regulations and general information for this year’s event. Please read them carefully and contact the Downtown Office at 245-9697 if you have questions or need additional information. Again, thank you for your interest in this great event! We look forward to seeing you at the Parade.
- PARADE IS LIMITED TO FIRST 120 ENTRIES!
- Parade theme is: Songs of the Season
- No profanity or inappropriate signage on an entry will be allowed. Offenders will not receive a refund.
- No live Santa(s) may be used on floats. Santa will ride on the last float ONLY!
- Registration fees are non-refundable and the application must be completely filled out to be considered.
- Early registration: $25 per entry through November 29th. (one fee per entry)
- Late registration: $30 per entry from November 30th – December 1st. Registration closes December 1st at 5pm.
- You’ll receive a telephone call informing you of your placement in the parade as well as staging information by Tuesday, November 28th.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: (please read carefully)
- Safety is a must.
- No open flames.
- Throwing or tossing items is prohibited. If you would like to give handouts, please walk close to the sidelines or on the sidewalk and hand items out.
- ALL walking participants must be at least seven (7) years of age and accompanied by an adult.
- Any vehicle over 20’ in length (including trailer) requires adult walkers, one at each corner of the float.
- Entries can be no higher than 13’ 5” tall.
FLOAT PARTICIPANT REGROUPING:
- The largest floats will be directed through the 1st and Main Street intersection. Parties wishing to meet up with these parade participants can regroup at the Mesa County Justice Center.
- All smaller floats will be turned right off Main Street into the City Market parking lot to Rood Ave. and directed back to the staging area.