The 41st Annual Parade of Lights presented by Bank of Colorado will take place on Saturday, December 2 at 5:00pm. We are excited to see all the Jurassic Holiday floats! Thank you also to our supporting sponsors: Comfort Dental, Highline Internet, Primary Care Partners, KKCO 11 News and Townsquare Media. Here are a few things to know before attending one of the biggest holiday events of the year!
Important Times and Road Closures
The parade route will begin at 9th + Main Street and travel west towards 1st street. Some floats will turn north at 3rd and Main street and others will continue to 1st and Main street to be directed across the intersection to deconstruct their floats. The staging area (7th to 12th and Grand to Ute) will close at 1:00pm. The parade route will close at 2:00pm. If you come Downtown early be sure to check out our great Downtown shops while you wait for the parade to start at 5:00pm!
Parking will not be allowed along the parade route as of 2:00 p.m. on December 2. Any vehicles remaining along the parade route will be towed to a lot a few blocks away. Parking is free on the weekends in Downtown Grand Junction. Parking is available at the following lots (entry/exit instructions outlined in parenthesis):
- Rood Avenue parking garage between 4th and 5th Street (access southbound on 4th Street, exit northbound on 5th street)- all floors of the parking garage will be open
- Public parking lot on Rood Avenue between 6th and 7th Streets (649 Rood Avenue)
- Public parking lot on Colorado Avenue between 5th and 6th Streets (560 Colorado Avenue)
- Public parking lot on Colorado Avenue between 4th and 5th Streets (450 Colorado Avenue)
- Side streets around Downtown
Please be careful as you drive around Downtown and be cautious of parade participants and floats.
- South side of 4th + Main near Rockslide Brewery
- South side of 5th + Main near Summit Canyon Mountaineering (ADA bathroom located here)
- North side of 6th + Main near Colorado Baby
- There will also be a restroom near float check-in for parade participants (corner of 9th + Rood)
Restaurants & Food Trucks
Main Street is full of great restaurants to check out! Since Parade of Lights is such a busy night Downtown make sure to call ahead if you want reservations and to check on restaurant hours.
Additionally, the following food trucks will be set up at during the parade.
- Sweet Drinks Concessions- South of 3rd + Main
- KC’s Kettle Corn- 4th + Main Plaza
- Little Pink Truck- North of 4th + Main
- Jukebox Jamboree- South of 4th + Main
- Avenue Coffee- North of 5th + Main
- Bravo’s Food Truck- South of 5th + Main
- Suck It Fruity- North of 6th + Main
New this year there will be a Zero Waste station south of the 4th and Main intersection! There you’ll be able to compost and recycle certain items (the team of volunteers will be able to help you). Special thanks for the CMU Sustainability Council for partnering with us on this sustainable addition to the Parade of Lights!