The 40th Annual Parade of Lights presented by Bank of Colorado will take place on Saturday, December 3 at 5:00pm. Here are a few things to know before attending one of the biggest holiday events of the year!
Important Times and Road Closures
The parade route will be on Main Street from 1st to 9th street. The staging area (7th to 12th and Grand to Ute) will close at 1:00pm. The parade route will close at 2:00pm. If you come Downtown early be sure to check out our great Downtown shops while you wait for the parade to start at 5:00pm!
Parking will not be allowed along the parade route as of 2:00 p.m. on December 3. Any vehicles remaining along the parade route will be towed to a lot a few blocks away. Please park on a side street or in the parking garage at 4th and Rood and walk over to enjoy the festivities! Parking is free on the weekends in Downtown Grand Junction.
- South side of 3rd + Main near Ruby Canyon Cycles
- South side of 4th + Main near Rockslide Brewery
- South side of 5th + Main (permanent restrooms)
- North side of 6th + Main near Colorado Baby
- SHIFT Lot 702 Main Street
- There will also be a restroom near float check-in for parade participants (corner of 9th + Rood)
Restaurants & Food Trucks
Main Street is full of great restaurants to check out! Since Parade of Lights is such a busy night Downtown make sure to call ahead if you want reservations and to check on restaurant hours.
Additionally, the following food trucks will be set up at during the parade.
- Sweet Drinks Concessions- South of 3rd + Main
- Cha Cha Churro Bar- North of 3rd + Main
- KC’s Kettle Corn- 4th + Main Plaza
- Little Pink Truck- North of 4th + Main
- Avenue Coffee- North of 5th + Main
- Daddy O’s Grill & Chill- South of 5th + Main
- Suck It Fruity- SHIFT lot (702 Main Street)
Photo credit: Devon Balet