PARADE THEME: CHRISTMAS THROUGH THE DECADES
Thank you for your interest in the REVERSE Annual Parade of Lights as part of the 12 Days of Christmas! The 12 Days of Christmas will take place Downtown December 1-12. Each evening 4:00-7:00pm, FOUR floats will be parked and displayed on Main Street between before 4th and 5th Street. Below are a few rules and regulations and general information for floats. Please read them carefully and contact the Downtown Office at (970)255-4923 if you have questions or need additional information. We look forward to continuing the holiday spirit, despite these challenging times.
- FLOAT ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO FIRST 48 SUBMITTED FORMS!
- Parade theme: Christmas Through the Decades
- Please note the date selected for floats to be displayed is not determined by time of registration, it is determined by coordinator by reviewing selections made on the entry form and making the best decisions for the 12 Days of Christmas.
- No profanity or inappropriate signage on an entry will be allowed. Offenders will not receive a refund.
- No live Santa(s) may be used on floats.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and the application must be completely filled out to be considered.
- The cost to participate is $30.
- Registration for the parade is now open and will close once capacity for floats has been reached.
- You’ll receive a phone call informing you of your display date by Wednesday, November 25.
- All floats must follow the guidelines of selected category and abide by any and all rules pertaining to selection. For example, if your organization selects the “truck with small trailer” category at time of registration, the entry must reflect your float the day of the parade.
- NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for additional vehicles in any category and cannot exceed set amount of allowed vehicles.
- Floats can be at most about 50ft long.
- Categories include:
- Truck with small trailer, 25ft, max. 1 per organization
- Truck with 5th wheel, 50ft, max. 1 per organization
- 1st Place – $100, 2nd Place – $75, 3rd Place – $50 will be awarded for each of the categories. Please select one on the entry form.
- Organizations (Kiwanis, Partners)
- Youth (Girl/Boy Scouts, youth groups)
- Non-Competitive – no award
- ALL floats are subject to winning “People’s Choice” and “Sponsor’s Choice” awards. “People’s Choice” voting period will take place December 13-16.
- Winners will be notified on Wednesday, December 16. Checks will be mailed out shortly after.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: (please read carefully)
- Safety is a must.
- No open flames.
- Throwing or tossing items is prohibited.
- Entries can be no higher than 13’ 5” tall.
- COVID-19 safety measures will be implemented such as social distancing and handwashing stations. Downtown GJ is working with Mesa County Public Health to determine all measures that need to take place to ensure the safety of our community as we celebrate the holidays.
By completing the registration form, the applicant acknowledges that he/she understands all terms and conditions above and agrees to abide by all above.